Mission Impossible is an American TV Series that follows on a team of secrets American government agents, called Impossible Mission Force (IMF) and led by Peter Graves. The series was aired on CBS during 1966 – 1973 and returned on television for two seasons in 1988 – 1990 which broadcast on ABC. It was forms against combat dictators, evil organizations, and crime lords. Sometimes, the agents also showed some conducting unsanctioned and private missions on behalf on its members.
The exact branch of the government overseeing the IMF is never identified, and in the 1980s revival it was suggested the IMF is an independent agency. . The IMF Director answered to "the Secretary," whom the mission voice said "would disavow any knowledge of your actions" in the event "you or any of your IM Force" were to get "caught or killed," but exactly which secretary was never indicated.
The theme of the series was considered to be one of the most iconic TV themes which is composed by Lalo Schifrin.
Genre: Action Channel: CBS and ABC
Original Run: September 1966 – March 1973 / 1988 - 1990
No. of episodes: 206 (Seasons 9)
Created By: Bruce Geller
- Peter Graves – Jim Phelps
- Thaao Penghlis – Nicholas Black
- Antony Hamilton – Max Harte (credited as Tony Hamilton)
- Phil Morris – Grant Collier
- Terry Markwell – Casey Randall (early episodes 1988–1989 season)
- Jane Badler – Shannon Reed (1989 - 1990)
- Bob Johnson – Voice on Disc (voice only)